Download the official PlayBox app to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch without jailbreak. PlayBox is the new alternative to MovieBox, Show Box, and PopcornTime. PlayBox allows you to stream movies, TV series, cartoons, and anime in HD from your iOS device. It supports iOS 6+ and is confirmed working for iOS 9.0.2.
For the Android tutorial, click here.
*UPDATE* Download the new Cinema Box app (from the creators of PlayBox HD) here.
How-to Install Play Box to the iOS
This new tutorial is confirmed working for iOS 9.0.2 and lower.
1. Download and install vShare (Unjailbroken) here:
2. Press ‘Install‘
3. Open vShare and press ‘Trust‘
iOS 9+ users: You will receive an Untrusted Enterprise Developer pop-up when opening the app.
Go to ‘Settings‘ > ‘General‘ > ‘Profile‘ > ‘Haiyang Yi Zhuo Fuzhuan…‘ > ‘Trust…’ > ‘Trust‘ again to trust vShare. You will now be able to run vShare.
4. Type ‘PlayBox HD’ in the search bar and hit ‘Search‘
5. Press the download icon
6. Once Play Box HD is done downloading, it will ask you to install it. Press ‘Install‘
Play Box will now be installed to your device and can be accessed on the home screen.
Note: If you are unable to install vShare or PlayBox, please try again later. Users who could not install have reported success when trying again the next day or so. Please also note that if you restart your device, vShare and all apps installed via vShare will crash. You will need to uninstall then reinstall the apps again.
1. Download PlayBox HD here (Press ‘Install App’):
2. Press ‘Install‘
3. Open PlayBox HD and login with:
1. Go to ‘Settings‘ > ‘General‘ > ‘Date & Time‘ and roll the time back to January 1.
2. Download the PlayBox here:
3. When prompted, hit Install.
4. PlayBox will now begin to install. The first time you open PlayBox, you will be prompted with an Untrusted App Developer warning. This is normal and appears for any app installed outside of the App Store. Simply press Trust.
You are allowed to install the app without rooting your device or going through the App Store because PlayBox is signed using a corporate license.
Overview of Play Box
PlayBox offers a wide selection of movies and TV series including the latest releases and many older popular films/series.
By clicking on the Menu icon, users can sort by Movies, TV Shows, Cartoons, or Anime.
PlayBox offers the ability to download videos to play offline as well as add videos to a favorites list to watch later. Users can view videos in HD or lower the quality to improve viewing on lower bandwidth. PlayBox includes a Kids mode.